These are the books I read in 2015. Over the last few years, I have made a more concerted effort to read books by different types of people (different backgrounds, styles, races, identities, etc.) This choice led me to some really phenomenal writing from voices I would have missed out on.
I always enjoy seeing the covers of the books I read at the end of the year - it's like a scrapbook/Instagram feed of how my year turned out.
- Favorite books: "Yes Chef" / "Fun Home" / "Wild" / "H Is For Hawk" / "Why Not Me?" / "Fates and Furies" / "All The Light We Cannot See"
- Favorite covers: "Yes Chef" / "In The Country" / "Furiously Happy" / "Fates and Furies"
- Amazing books with underwhelming covers: "All The Light We Cannot See"
- # of books read in print: 30
- # of books borrowed from the wonderful Free Library of Philadelphia: 18
- # of books by a heterosexual white American male: 1
- # of books by anyone other than a heterosexual white American male: 33